- There is a 1 in 1,461 chance of being born naturally on February 29th.
- People born on February 29th are called “leaplings” or “leapers” and often celebrate their birthday on either February 28th or March 1st.
- In Greece, it is considered unlikely to get married in leap year and it is believed that the marriage is likely to end in divorce.
- In Ireland, women are told to only ever propose to a man on leap day. If a woman proposes on any other day it is thought to be unlucky.
- Ja Rule, an American rapper, was born on February 29th.
“Behind the Logic and Lore of Leap Day,” The Wall Street Journal – 2/27/2016